Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gorgonzola in Its Second Act



I found another Gorgonzola sauce recipe while floating around Foodandwine।com, and in the spirit of fairness, decided to try it out. The sauce is as follows:

4 tbsp butter (or, in my case, SmartBalance)
1/4 cup Gorgonzola
2 tsp sage
Salt and pepper to taste

It was an interesting comparison. I think I'm going to start adding sage to the other Gorgonzola sauce. In any case, the main difference came out as follows: in the first sauce, a lot more liquid is added; namely, white wine and olive oil. In this, it's just melted soft solids, so as it starts to cool, it forms a sort of glaze almost, while the former stays more liquidy and saucey. Really a matter of preference. Though I think the Betty Crocker recipe would benefit from the addition of sage.

No comments: