Friday, January 16, 2009

Lazy Days BBQ Pizza

As much as I really hate Sandra Lee's show, the concept of "semi-homemade" isn't a bad one. I don't know anyone who actually makes all their own stock, or all their own bread. This recipe is a build-off of ready-to-go pizza crusts. We've used both the Botoli and the Trader Joe's pizza dough, and they're both great. All prep included, this takes about 15 minutes of actual work, and another 12-15 in the oven. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

I've mostly used this one for days when I feel like cooking, but not really. It's also great for parties, though, cut up into little 3-inch squares.

1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1/3 cup smoked gouda, grated
1/3 cup Monterey Jack, grated
1 1/2 cups mushrooms
1 tsp basil (fresh)
1 tsp tarragon (dry)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 pizza crust

Saute the mushrooms in the garlic, scallion, and herbs until mostly cooked. Set aside.

Coat the pizza crust in barbeque sauce, leaving a 1 inch margin around the edges. Add Jack cheese, and then gouda on top. Spread cooked mushrooms over the pie, and bake 12-15 minutes.

No comments: